Yes, you can use braces to fix the gap between your teeth. Braces are an excellent treatment option for closing gaps in teeth because their primary function is to utilize tension to pull teeth together. Traditional and lingual braces and Invisalign braces, and other dental solutions are among the orthodontic treatments available to close the gaps.
Gap teeth or Diastema
A diastema is a small gap between the front teeth that occurs naturally and usually measures around 0.5-2mm. In some cases, a gap between the front teeth can be quite considerable. In their early days, most children will have gaps in teeth as their teeth and jaws are developing, and as their milk teeth will fall out and adult teeth appear. These gaps will usually close naturally. However, sometimes the gaps will remain, which is mainly due to the size and shape of the teeth and the size of the jaw. Although it is not harmful, it can affect a person's smile, especially if the gap is unusually large or if multiple gaps exist between the teeth.
Causes of Gaps
Many factors might result in gaps between teeth. The following reasons commonly cause gaps.
- Natural skeletal growth which the teeth will form in a natural way
- Extra teeth that force other teeth out of their proper places
- Missing teeth that leave a big gap or cause other teeth gap filling improperly
- Losing baby teeth too soon may cause adult teeth to come in improperly
- Teeth that are too little and don't take up enough space
- A large jawbone that allows too much space between the teeth and causes a gap
- A very big tongue causes the teeth to flare and create gaps.
- Periodontal disease causes bone loss between the teeth and may lead the teeth to become shaking and shift, resulting in gaps between them.
- A high frenum attachment is the strip of skin that connects the lip to the jaw and may cause spacing.
How braces will fix the gap?
One of the most effective techniques to close the gap is using teeth braces. It will gently move the teeth in the direction you want them to go. After examining the teeth' position, the orthodontist will place proper braces on the teeth. Different braces components work together to apply the correct pressure to the required teeth, causing them to move into the right position. The braces should be carefully placed so that the gumline of the teeth will not be harmed. When braces are placed on the teeth, the bone grows to support the teeth as they move into the ideal position.
You should meet the visit Orthodontist during the appointment while undergoing treatment. The orthodontist will adjust the braces to provide correct pressure on the teeth and fill the tooth gap. These processes will take a long time to complete, and the gap between teeth is filled by moving two teeth close together. As a result, closing the gap between teeth is a long process that must be undertaken with proper care.
Other brace solutions to fix the gaps between teeth
There are a variety of treatments available for closing gaps between teeth. However, a diastema does not always require dental intervention. For closing a diastema, dental braces are a common treatment method. Although a wide range of possibilities is presently available, clear braces will still work on the same principle as initially. They gradually and consistently apply pressure to the teeth surrounding the gap. The following are some popular dental braces options:
- Metal braces: Fixed metal braces made up of brackets, wires, and elastic bands are a practical solution to get the job done. Metal braces have got a makeover in recent years and now include some colorful features, even though they are visible to others.
- Ceramic braces: These use tooth-colored ceramic materials to improve the fixed braces solution. When clear crystal brackets are used, it is considerably easier to disguise that you are wearing fixed dental braces.
- Lingual braces work similarly to metal and ceramic braces, with one key difference. Braces are attached to your inside teeth. This practically means that they will be hidden at all times.
- Invisible aligners: Invisible braces or aligners have been developed by modern dentistry as a safe, quick, and removable alternative to traditional dental braces for correcting teeth gaps. This affordable option is also a popular choice for individuals who desire a solution that is completely hidden from others. For example, Clinic will provide a free 3D scan, a customized treatment plan to achieve your desired results, entirely transparent German-crafted aligners, and ongoing monitoring and support from a team of professional dentists.
After your braces have completed their task, your dentist will advise you to wear a dental retainer. Retainers assist in keeping everything in place until your teeth have settled into their new positions. It will nearly say that you must wear your retainer(s) exactly as instructed by your dentist.
There are many treatments available to fix your gap between the teeth. You can remove the gap and make a new look to your teeth. You can also do the brace treatment to resolve the solution.
For more information about Fixing braces as well as other dental problems, contact Hyderabadsmiles, Advanced Dental Hospitals, Madhapur, Hyderabad at +91 8801627272 or at email@example.com or visit our website at https://hyderabadsmiles.com/