The Zygomatic Implant Technique
for Atrophic Maxilla (Upper Jaw)
Zygomatic Dental Implants are specially designed implants (up to 55mm) that are directly inserted into the cheekbones (zygomatic bone) rather than the upper jawbone (maxilla).
This implant is ideal for individuals who do not have enough jawbone to support regular dental implants. Zygoma Implants also eliminate the need to undergo sinus lift/bone grafting procedure before loading the dental implants.
Once the long zygomatic implants are loaded or inserted into the cheekbone, a temporary prosthesis can be immediately fixed.
Grafting procedure for severely resorbed maxilla is always a challenge for the dentists and the patients. Due to the severe bone
loss in the maxillary molar region, patients undergo bilateral posterior bone grafting/sinus lift surgery. This additional surgery prolongs the dental treatment.
The technique Zygoma Implants offers an alternative to get dental implants without going for bone grafting and sinus lift surgery.
Advantages of Zygomatic Implants :
Here is a list of advantages of Zygoma Implants over sinus lift and bone grafting procedures.
- It removes the need for additional surgery - sinus lift/bone graft.
- It is less invasive than sinus lift and bone grafting procedures.
- It is an immediate loading implant that offers same-day teeth.
- It is a one-stage procedure that takes less treatment and healing time.
- It is an excellent option for people who cannot have regular implants.
- It is a natural-looking and permanent solution.
- It immediately improves your appearance, oral function, and eating comfort.
- t is a safe procedure with a high success rate.
Phases of Zygoma Implants :
- We do an intensive diagnosis of your dental problem using panoramic X-rays and/or CBCT
- We do all the required health checks before starting the procedure.
- We extract the tooth (if required) and load the dental implants. Immediately after this, we
attach a temporary prosthesis or denture (fixed).
- After the implants are inserted, we again analyze and plan any further steps, if required, with the help of panoramic X-rays / CBCT scans.
- All the necessary health checks are requested to see the effect..
Why Zygoma Implants?
Zygomatic implants are the best option in the because of the following reasons:
- It is ideal in severe bone resorption cases.
- It is a graft less solution.
- It is less invasive than sinus lift and bone grafting techniques.
- It results in immediate function..
- It takes less treatment and healing time.
- It is a permanent solution and an alternative to dentures.
- It is a one-step treatment.
- It is an immediate loading implant that quickly improves your oral function and comfort and improves your appearance.
Zygoma Implants - Factors to Be Considered:
- You should have clear and symptom & pathology free sinuses.
- You should get radiographic imaging of the maxillary sinuses and zygoma regions.
- Your mouth should have the possibility of inserting at least two ordinary implants in the frontal maxilla.