Pediatric Dentist in Hyderabad
Humans begin teething as early as 6 months of age and develop their set of primary milk' teeth. Humans begin to lose their milk teeth around the age of 6-7 years, and the permanent set of teeth begins to emerge. Because milk teeth eventually fall out, some parents avoid taking their child to the dentist. However, these milk teeth serve as the foundation for the development of permanent teeth. If proper care is not taken, problems that will last a lifetime may arise.
The most prevalent infectious illness in children is tooth decay, often known as early childhood caries. Tooth decay begins as soon as the first tooth emerges as a result of acid created by sugar digesting bacteria. Children are susceptible to not only dental decay but also early childhood caries, which can lead to significant infections, pain, and discomfort.
Causes of Tooth Decay
- Poor oral hygiene
- Consumption of sticky sweet foods between meals increases the sugar substrate available for bacteria to ferment and create acid.
- Prolonged oral cavity exposure to sugar-sweetened drinks
- Nursing caries in newborns are caused by bedtime feedings with milk or drinks other than water.
- Use of pacifiers dipped in honey or sugar substitutes
- Reduced salivary flow
Why do we require a children’s specialist?
Pediatric dentists, also known as pedodontists, are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of dental problems in infants, children, and teenagers. They concentrate on the distinctive dental issues that can arise in the gums, teeth, and jaw as the body develops and grows.
What is the role of a Pediatric Dentist?
Pediatric dentists provide comprehensive oral health care tailored to the specific needs of children and teenagers. They offer;
- Oral and dental health exam
- Fluoride treatment and cleaning
- Tooth cavity treatments
- Crooked and misaligned teeth correction
- Dental injury repair, such as cracked or dislocated teeth
- Gum disease care to avoid pediatric periodontal disease
- Early identification of oral health problems caused by diabetes, asthma, hay fever, and ADHD
Best Pediatric Dentist in Hyderabad:
Hyderabad Smiles is one of the Advanced Dental Hospitals with a cutting-edge dental facility and best pediatric dental clinic in Hyderabad.We at Hyderabad Smiles are committed to deliver the best pediatric treatment with best pediatric dentist in Hyderabad for your child, from preventive deep cleaning to defensive dental sealants.